Founded in 1990 to enable more people to enjoy straightforward investing, The Share Centre is an ambitious, fast-paced company, which has grown into one of the UK’s leading stockbrokers. We have been part of the Interactive Investor Group since July 2020 following the combination of Interactive Investor and The Share plc group of companies. We are located in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire.
Climate change is one of the biggest problems facing our planet, with high carbon emissions and widespread deforestation affecting all aspects of our environment. With our promotion of responsible investments, we want to give back and help combat this growing issue.
- We have recycling bins available throughout our office, encouraging our employees to be responsible in disposing their waste.
- We’ve removed all the single-use plastic cups in the office, asking all staff to bring reusable water bottles and coffee cups.
- We encourage our staff to travel to work sustainably, either through walking, cycling or car sharing.
- We also offer a great Cycle to Work scheme, through our employee benefits package, accompanied by onsite cycle racks.
Our employees are the most important part of our business; we look after them so that they can look after you.
- As part of our dedication to our employees’ wellbeing, we’ve implemented a mental health awareness programme for all of our managers, enlisting and training a number of mental health first aiders across our business.
- We provide our employees with fresh fruit twice a week to promote healthy eating, and our Cycle to Work Scheme also seeks to encourage exercise and healthy body habits.
- We took part in ‘Time to Talk Day 2020’ by carrying out an exercise called ‘Behind the Mask’. We encouraged our employees to anonymously write down how they like to be perceived at work, and how they actually feel. This was to demonstrate that what you see on the outside is not necessarily true of the internal struggles people may be having.
As a financial services company, we feel it’s our duty to be a champion for shareholders across the country. We’re keen promoters and advocates of shareholder rights, and have campaigned to the government on numerous occasions.
Since 2019, we have been a corporate partner of the Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity, a local charity providing a range of palliative and end-of-life care services.
- Since becoming a partner of FNHC, we’ve raised over £15,000 for the charity
- We’ve taken part in sponsored sky dives, runs and dress-down days in the office. Four employees even braved the shave, raising over £1000 by shaving their heads.