How to make the most of your 2017/18 ISA Allowance
Here are a few ways to get the best out of your ISA allowance - it's too good to waste!
- Your ISA allowance doesn't roll over to next tax year, so use it or lose it!
- Ensure that you pay in some money before the tax year end. You can decide what to invest in later.
- Be an early bird. Invest your allowance at the start of the tax year (6 April) for maximum benefit.
- Use your new ISA allowances each year to continue adding to your ISA.
- Your partner gets a 2017/18 ISA allowance too - encourage them to use it.
Want to invest more than your 2017/18 ISA limit?
Your ISA allowance is based on the amount you invest / save, not your investments' growth or interest. Once you've paid in your whole 2017/18 ISA allowance, you'll have to wait until the start of the next tax year to pay more money into your ISA. And remember, you can only subscribe to one of each of the ISA types each tax year.
If you want to invest more than your 2017/18 ISA limit, simply open a Share Account in addition to your ISA. You can invest as much as you like in a Share Account, since it doesn't have an annual limit, however you will have to pay some tax on any earnings.