The death of someone close is always a difficult time. When you’re already experiencing grief, dealing with practical matters and making financial decisions can seem overwhelming. We have a dedicated Estates Team that are here to make the process as easy as possible.
What to do:
- Contact us either by telephone 01296 41 41 51 or email email@example.com
- Send us the original death certificate or coroner’s certificate & a covering letter confirming the Executor(s) of the Estate.
What we will do:
- Valuate any assets held with us at the date of death
- Provide a current account valuation and cash statement
- Advise of fees and specific details regarding the holdings and any additional information that may affect the disposal instructions.
- Provide an instruction form listing all options available for the investments and cash.
Once UK Grant of Probate or Certificate of Confirmation (for Scottish residents) is granted we will need:
- An original or sealed office copy of the UK Grant of Probate or Certificate of Confirmation and a completed instruction form signed by all the named Executors on the Probate / Confirmation.
When we close the account(s) we will provide:
- BACS or cheque payment (if applicable)
- Closing cash statements
- Tax deduction certificates (if applicable)
We offer and accept the Additional Permitted Subscription:
- With effect from 6 April 2015, where a person holding an ISA died on or after 3 December 2014 and that person was married or in a civil partnership, the surviving spouse/civil partner is entitled to an additional ISA allowance.
- The additional allowance is equal to the value of the ISA(s) held by their spouse/civil partner as at the date of death (even where the spouse/civil partner does not actually inherit the ISA).
- A certificate of Entitlement will be provided where applicable