Investments and services: better choice
interative investor offers access to more investment opportunities than any other provider in the UK market today. An even wider range than accessible through The Share Centre. This choice is backed by services to support you in holding and managing your investments, keeping you in control.
A world of choice
- Invest directly in over 40,000 UK, US and international shares on 17 global exchanges, plus bonds and gilts.
- Hold up to 9 of the main currencies in a trading account or SIPP, allowing trading in local currencies too.
- Select from 3,000+ open-ended funds, plus investment trusts, ETFs, VCTs and other investment companies.
- Benefit from the opportunity to invest in IPOs and new issues.
- Get help with informed decision making, through select investment ranges and quick-start funds for those just starting out, all chosen by experts.
Keeping you in control
- Try before you buy, by setting up virtual portfolios in ii’s free research account.
- Hold your investments in a trading account, ISA, Junior ISA or Self-Invested Personal Pension.
- Trade on the go with ii’s mobile trading app.
- Set up regular investments and standing instructions for managing your income.
- Benefit from a range of order types for UK share trading, including market, limit and stop loss.
- Option to receive shareholder materials and vote on decisions affecting your holdings in UK shares.
What does this mean for me?
It’s likely that, as we bring our businesses together, you will be able to continue with your current approach to investing if you wish with the opportunity or take advantage of the additional choices you will have.
There are some differences at the detailed level in the choices available to you and how the ii platform works compared to your service with The Share Centre. We will provide more information about these when we write to you about what coming together with ii means for your personal circumstances.
Should I keep using my service with The Share Centre?
Please keep using your service with The Share Centre as usual for now. We will write to you as soon as we can with more information about what combining with ii will mean for you and the action you will need to take.
Will my money and investments be safe with ii?
Like The Share Centre, ii is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Your money and investments continue to be covered by FCA rules and protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, in the same way as they are now.
How does ii’s service compare to The Share Centre?
Like The Share Centre, ii’s priority is to help you take control of your financial future, so while there are some differences its platform service is broadly comparable to The Share Centre. It is built on leading-edge technology and will give you more choice in a number of areas. How you stand to benefit from this depends on your personal circumstances and we will write to you with more information about that as soon as we can. Nothing is changing at this stage. Your service from The Share Centre continues as usual.
Are my fees and charges changing?
Your ongoing fees and charges with The Share Centre are not changing. Our service continues as usual at this stage. Looking to the future, like The Share Centre ii is committed to flat account fees that do not grow with your account value. It currently offers a choice of three pricing plans to suit different needs, so you can pick the best value for you. Charges for trading are competitive and set at a flat rate for all trade sizes. There is no trading fee for regular investing. How you may stand to benefit from this will be covered when we write with more information about what combining with ii means for your personal circumstances.
Will I have to move to the ii platform?
That will depend on your personal circumstances. If we do ask for your agreement to move your account(s) to the ii platform you stand to benefit from ii’s leading edge technology and commitment to offering investors better value, choice, and insight. We hope you will want to try your new service. But if you decide it is not for you either before or after any move you can close your account(s) or transfer your money and investments elsewhere. You will not have to pay an exit charge in either case as ii do not charge these, so you have nothing to lose by giving your new service a try.
I was a shareholder in Share plc, what does all this mean for me?
You will have heard from us separately about what the merger meant for you as a shareholder in Share plc. You can find a reminder of the scheme of arrangement for bringing Share plc and ii together here.
If you have other questions
Please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.